Thursday, September 05, 2013

Changes and more changes... good I think...

As the title says things have been changing very fast these last few months (hence the lack of pictures of painted stuff). I'm about to move house and city. I'm getting use to a new lifestyle being a father and such (a crying baby... and that sort of thing). With all this the inevitable has come - I'm going to stop taking on commissioned work, so I'll finish the already commissioned stuff and I won't take anything else (at least for the time being). The good news is I can paint more stuff for myself not just one miniature from time to time (or that's the plan anyway).

To celebrate that... here are some more pictures of my Martian Invasion project. There are eight more of these Martians from Red Planet Miniatures on the painting table.

 


14 comments:

Dalauppror said...

Stunning paint work !

Life realy changes when the kids arrive:)

Best regards Michael

BigRedBat said...

Lovely Martians.

Of course, having a baby is a bit like experiencing an alien invasion...

Best, Simon

Sam Wise said...

very nice figures and very very good painting work !

Yeti's Yell said...

A family is the only acceptable reason to not get painting stuff done. You are a lucky guy to have that "problem".

These guys look great!

Alan said...

Excellent work as always. Congratulations on the new(ish) arrival. Being a good father is time consuming and demanding, but it is the most rewarding part of my life. Congratulations,
Alan

James Brewerton said...

great work and glad you have settled your life down
Peace James

Jay said...

Beautifully painted aliens. Don't ever change the dappled skin colors on this species!

Monty said...

Superb! I can only imagine the time it took to do the spots. They are stunning.

Congrats on the life changes. They're all for the better so enjoy and one day, you'll have a new gaming partner!

roma912 said...

Excellent painting and congratulations on your family life.

Cheers, Ross

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Very nice work! New baby's do indeed impact on the hobby, but it's a pleasant impact!

Christopher

EinarOlafson said...

Thanks!!

Sean said...

Great looking figures and good luck with the changes. Once things get settled you may find you have time for commissions again. The main thing is you can set the pace.

EinarOlafson said...

Thanks Sean!! I'm more than happy to stop painting commissions, that means more time for my own projects!!

Juan Mancheño said...

Fantastic painting work, sir!
Congratulations on your family life.