Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Concord Strike Command Team

I got a basic Concord army from Warlord Games to paint for playing Beyond the Gates of Antares. I didn't want to invest a lot of time painting it so I could play with everything painted as soon as possible. I decided to go for the easiest but most effective way, a sprayed base colour, Demonic Yellow Army Painter Spray; black undersuits, some black armour plates and weapons. Then I gave them three Army Painter Red Tone Washes (waiting for it to dry well after every layer) to get the orange tone, then highlighted the black parts; painted the green lights and then a dot of gloss varnish on them to enhance the light effect. Basing and done, I think it took 15 minutes per miniature (not counting drying times). The miniatures were varnished gloss and then matt.

I'll be posting my progress with the rest of the army, and maybe even a battle report.

No comments: